Ceremonies can be for community groups and gatherings of friends or for people sharing a specific journey or need.
In modern society with the demise of the one formal faith we have tended to let go of ceremonies to mark important milestones in our lives. Apart from the opening of new buildings or the dedication of a space for a specific purpose people generally choose not to honor their common achievements and intentions with ceremony.
In China new businesses would not dream of opening without consulting a Feng Shui consultant and asking for a blessing from their ancestors.
Would you like to say goodbye to the house you are leaving, and then enter your new abode more consciously?
Would you like to honour the fact you have had a major operation and your life has changed taking you in a different direction? Paying tribute to what you’ve had but also looking positively into the future with a different body?
Working towards a ceremony is a process which can be very helpful with all major changes in our lives.
- You reach your 40th birthday and call together her friends to help celebrate and set intentions for the next forty years with a ceremony.
- Several ladies, all recently divorced, wish to come together to honor how difficult their divorces have been but that they recognize how they have grown because of them . They set their intentions for the future and through the ceremony step forward with a renewed sense of hope, enthusiasm and direction.
- A group of families who have realised they will never have children come together to acknowledeg their loss and turn this energy into something positive for the future.
- You have had a hysterectomy and wish to honour this change.
- A local community have fought hard to keep their local shop open and they have failed. Rather than disperse, forever disillusioned, they regroup and deicide how to go forward and mark their intentions and new plans with a short ceremony/blessing/unveiling.
Your ceremony can be formal or informal or a mixture of both. If you sense coming together as a group or with the support of a group might be helpful, whatever your idea, however specific or vague and unformed, do call to explore it further. See the Music page for how music can augment your ceremony.